January 23, 2011

Five Things

In January, The D Man tends to revisit his music library. A great time of year to reflect. Enjoy a few deep tracks that I've been enjoying of late. So January sounding.
  • "New Hampshire" by Matt Pond P.A. A sincere, workman-like achievement in mood. I'm so determined to lay in lakes / And see my sisters / I will hit my brother / And hold my mother.
  • "My Love Has Gone" by Josh Rouse. An underrated singer-songwriter. An excellent country-pop song.
  • "Central Reservation" by Beth Orton. Today is whatever you want it to be.
  • "Live in Dreams" by Wild Nothing. Can't stop listening to this 2010 release. Gets better and better. Plus, Jack Tatum is playing a show here in February.
  • "Weightlifting" by The Trash Can Sinatras. Terrible band name. Sublime pop song. (Thanks to G-Reese for this tip from a couple years back).

No comments: