October 23, 2013

Five Things

(Milosh)
  • Sun Kil Moon released a new track from next year's Benji.  The impressive "Micheline" is a lovely song that finds Kozelek churning out more lyrics than a poet laureate.  Try getting the "grandma" refrain out of your head.
  • The Flaming Lips continue to do Lips-like things such as releasing an EP dedicated to Orson Scott Card's Enders Game.  Check out "Think Like A Machine, Not A Boy" from the forthcoming Peace Sword EP.
  • Check out Volcano Choir's cool performance of "Comrade" in an old tannery in Milwaukee.
  • Enjoy Pearl Jam's new single "Sirens."
  • Rhye's Milosh will release his solo effort Jetlag soon.  Previously, Milosh explained that "Jetlag is an expression of my deep love for my wife, my happiness and excitement for a new place in my life, my sadness or fear of stepping out of my old life . . . and ultimately making a choice to be with someone, to fully commit to that life even though it's on the other side of the world."  Well, he wasn't kidding.  Check out the new video for "Slow Down," which intimately follows his wife while crying, laughing, singing, and driving in her car.

No comments: