June 29, 2011

Song of the Week



Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Coldplay still insists on wearing on some kind of uniform. They have dropped the slightly militant pan-global commie garb from Viva La Vida and replaced it with a version that Wham! would have appreciated. Bright colors. Some pastels. The vibe is supposed to be all new wavey and danceable. And you know what? It is. "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" is an enjoyable blast of guitar pop with a heavy dose of tinny keyboards that makes you wonder what in the world happened to this band. Enjoy it anyway. Plus, Coldplay have the cash to make some solid performance videos, and the graphic art used in this clip is no exception.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to like this tune but i struggle with it!

The D Man said...

uViwe! No worries. At least you, my friend, look great in pastels.

jcstark said...

I like this a lot better than I thought I would. Not crazy about them, but over the years they have had some good jams.