September 29, 2014

25 Bands That I (More Than) Like

The D Man has been asked recently "what bands do you like" or "what type of music do you listen to?" Though I am certainly well versed in who I like and what I am listening to, I am usually at a loss of how to respond to such questions.  I figured that I need a quick link, a shorthand of sorts, that I could easily share with people.  Just check this out.  It explains enough.

I like a lot of artists (big circle).  I love many artists (smaller circle within big circle).  I adore and worship at the feet of a few artists; artists that capture my aesthetic imagination in profound and prolonged ways (smallest circle within the two bigger circles).  This list captures artists within my two smallest circles.

If you have not engaged with any of the following folks, you are simply missing out.  So in alphabetical order, and limited only to artists/bands that have been creative from 2000 to the present, here you go.  The short descriptions are hardly necessary.  Just listen and explore.*
*Sincere apologies to Andrew Bird, Bat for Lashes, Death Cab for Cutie, Iron & Wine, The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, Josh Rouse, and numerous others.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I appreciate your fine use of alphabetical order.

The D Man said...

So easy to peruse, right?